Summer Camp Program Leaders
Position Title: Summer Camp Program Leaders
Location: 9451 Glover Avenue Fort Langley, BC V1M 2R9.
Classification: Seasonal; Full-Time, June 26, – September 4th, 2023
Schedule: 40 hours Per week; Willingness to work; days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
EXPLORE. STAY. PLAY.
Join Pathfinder Camp Resorts and become an important part of our exciting and growing organization in beautiful British Columbia. Pathfinder Camp Resorts operates three RV Camp Resort properties in BC, including locations in Agassiz, Parksville, and Fort Langley.
We strive to ensure that we are creating an inclusive, engaged workforce, supporting a positive work culture and an environment that encourages growth and development for all.
If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of our guests, we want to hear from you!
→ Do you love the great outdoors?
→ Do you have a passion for camping and making people happy?
We are searching for energetic summer program Leaders for children aged Kindergarten to 13 years old for our camp resort located in Fort Langley, BC.
Program Leaders will engage children in a host of site-based social-recreational and sports-based activities primarily focused on the outdoors. Each week will be a different experience using a theme related model. Special events focused on certain occasions are also a big part of what we do. Leaders will gain experience teaching and leading individuals and groups while ensuring a safe, healthy environment. The overall goal is to foster social skills, enjoyment, and fun in creating the best possible summer experience for our junior campers!
These positions are suitable for students returning to school in September.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties:
- Implement and lead summer camp activities under the guidance of the resort manager.
- Prepare and organize activity materials.
- Monitor campers to identify and respond to inappropriate behaviour or deviation from activity guidelines.
- Ensure a safe, clean, well-maintained environment for the children.
- Act as a role model for campers in activities which require cleanliness, punctuality, and sportsmanship.
- Promote cultural diversity and respect of differences.
- Communicate frequently with parents to relay information regarding their child’s program experience and behaviour.
- Collaborate with camp staff team to develop and execute plans for daily activities.
- Participate in training activities and Team Meetings.
- Previous experience facilitating children’s programs preferably in a social, group setting.
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to effectively engage in physical activities.
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
- Level 1 First Aid and CPR. – or willingness to obtain prior to start of employment.
- Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
Must be willing to commit from June to September. Time off for vacation is not granted for seasonal employment.
Resume and letter of interest by, May 15th, 2023, to: Lynne Topham,
Human Resources Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org